[thelist] what is needed to make this quickStore app. work?

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 5 20:15:57 CDT 2001

I worked thru a tutorial for an ecommerce store and I
am having trouble understanding how to get the store
to function.

The instructions from the tutorial:
Ben Forta's
"The Coldfusion Web Application Construction Kit 4.0"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
State this:
Because many web masters would like to integrate a
store into an existing website, You'll be creating a custom
tag that can be placed into any page.

The custom tag uses client and session management
so must be enabled in the application.cfm file for your
application.

Each file represents a custom tag and must be placed
in the same directory of the application you want to use
them in, Or the custom tags directory under-neath your
coldfusion servers root directory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what I have is the completed templates in a folder
located under my root as in:
J:\Inetpub\wwwroot\a2z\_complete applications\quickstore\...

I also put the data base "store.mbd" in this folder.

My custom tags folder is located here:
J:\CFUSION\CustomTags

What I can't figure out is why when I click on my index.cfm
file I can't get the store to work. I am guessing that I might
need to put the files in a different directory, maybe I need
to remap something. I really am just guessing here.

Could you take a look at the files that I have placed out
on this server and tell me how I should distribute them so
that I can get them to function properly.

http://home.netcom.com/~krr/quickStore/

NOTE: This web space is for storage only and is not meant
to be used for Coldfusion. I place them here so that I can
communicate easier about this particular exercise.

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Kevin