[thelist] Application variables vs reading flat files

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Mon Aug 6 10:50:16 CDT 2001

> in memory (they aren't huge, maybe 5-10k).  Would I be right in this
> assumption, are application variables the way forward for me?

It sounds reasonable to me. What you could do is in your global.asa read
in the templates from your flat files into the Application vars and use
em from there. The downside depends on how often the templates change,
because it will require restarting the website (so the
Application_onStart fires again to load the templates)

sgd