[thelist] Application variables vs reading flat files

Dominik Wee dominik at alamy.com
Mon Aug 6 10:59:15 CDT 2001

We did a similar thing using XSL-Stylesheets as templates, which brings
with it the additional advantage that compliled versions can be stored
in the Application variables. To get around the problem of having to
restart IIS everytime the templates changed we just wrote a small script
that refreshed the Application variables. Another bonus is that you
automatically abstract from the physically location of the files from
the moment you load them into variables.

Dominik