[thelist] [OT] Spam?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 07:12:10 CDT 2001

> From: "Joergen Ramskov" <mqy4fxax36001 at sneakemail.com>
>
> Has anybody else recieved spam on this list?
>
> I just recieved my first spam from this list - here is a bit:
> === Cut ===
> I noticed your email address on a list serve related to technology and
> web development.  With your permission, we would like to send you
> information regarding new web tools and utilities based on your
> interests.

i got this very piece of spam last night, however, despite what it
says (that it found my email address on a listserv), and despite
how easy it is to believe it came from posting here, it actually
came to an email address i've never used for this list...

so, in my case at least, they didn't harvest my address from this
list...