[thelist] Site Review for bluhanddesign.com

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Tue Aug 7 11:08:56 CDT 2001

> http://www.bluhanddesign.com/
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback!

It's nice!

I like the color and the blue hand and I think everything ties together
rather well. The logo is very cute.

The one thing that I think I might change in order to tighten up the design
is to line up your text. You have three steps to the left side of the
screen. You have the Headline text, then the bounding box and then the body
text. I think it causes the eye to wander a bit and make it a tad more
difficult to concentrate on the body text.

Also, I know you've made an effort to go "liquid" with your design. In this
case, I think your design looks best at 640x480 but not as much on the
larger sizes. With the font you've chosen for body copy and the length of
each line at, say, 800x600, readability drops off for me. I'm not sure what
I would suggest here but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Good job, though. The nav on the top right is fun and intriguing.

- amanda