[thelist] Domain: "Record expires"

Beau Hartshorne beau at pair.com
Wed Aug 8 17:13:05 CDT 2001

Hi,

There's a domain name that I'd like to buy, and it expired on Aug 6 2001. It
hasn't been renewed yet, and I don't expect it to be as the domain name's
site basically says: "Hi, we've merged with another company, here's our new
site."

Network Solutions said that they hold the domain for up to 90 days, said
that I'd have to wait, and recommended http://www.snapnames.com . You pay
the service $50/year to watch your domain, and register it as soon as it
becomes available - no guarantees, of course. Has anyone had any experience
with this service, or anything similar?

What's the best way to get a domain that I want?

Thank you,

Beau