[thelist] CSS Question...

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Thu Aug 9 08:16:49 CDT 2001

Hi Janice,

At 8/9/2001 08:56 AM, you wrote:
>http://averra.com/mstest/template.htm
>
>I have an 'issue' with link colors in CSS that is making me pull my hair
>out!
>
>I have 2 different link colors on my page - white and blue - depending on
>where the text is.

I think it's because of the way your classes are laid out.

Instead of
.breadcrumbbg A:link {....}
.ftrbg A:link {...}
.inner A:link {...}
etc,

you need to do it this way
A.breadcrumbbg:link {...}
A.ftrbg:link {...}
A.inner:link {...}

Then when using these classes in the html you need to place them directly
into the A HREF tag.

So instead of
<TD class=breadcrumbbg><A href="http://averra.com/mstest/template.htm#">Oak
Ridge Schools</A></TD>

Do this:
<TD><A href="http://averra.com/mstest/template.htm#"
class="breadcrumbbg">Oak Ridge Schools</A></TD>

You should be able to figure it out from there. Shout if you need more
assistance.

>Also, have used a table cell to create a vertical separator line on the
>right side of the page - this looks fine in all browsers with the exception
>of Netscape on the PC.

I see the table problem, haven't had a chance to investigate it.