[thelist] Semi OT - PS6 Question

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Thu Aug 9 16:43:28 CDT 2001

Salvatore -

Someone else may have a better way to do this, but if I want sort of a free
form polygon (not necessarily symmetrical) I use the polygon lasso tool to
draw a shape, and then fill it in with the paint bucket. If you want a nice
symmetrical shape, you can try this:

1) create your basic rectangle in an image document (we'll call this image
a) and fill it with your foreground color.
2) create a new image document (image b)
3) Make a rectangle and fill it with the background color you want to use in
image a.
4)Go to image>rotate canvas>arbitrary and rotate image b until it slants the
way you want one of the sides in image a to slant.
5) Copy this rectangle and paste it onto a new layer (we'll call it layer 2)
in image a.
6) Return to image b.
7) Go to image>rotate canvas>flip horizontal and flip image b horizontally.
8) Copy this rectangle and paste it onto yet another new layer (we'll call
it layer 3) in image a.
9) adjust layers 2 and 3 in image a until your rectangle looks the way you
want it to look.

Or better yet, use Illustrator (or any other vector illustration program)
instead.

Best Wishes,

Rebecca Milot-Bradford