[thelist] company sponsorship

Les Lytollis les.lytollis at morse.com
Fri Aug 10 08:12:45 CDT 2001

Hi Guys,

I know this fairly OT, but I have been asked to put together a document
justifying the benefits of letting me take a day off per week to finish
part-time study (a Computer Studies degree). I have made the offer of
trading this off against an impending pay award - I have no probs pointing
out the benefits to myself, but what would the company gain? The only things
I can come up with sound like threats or insults (it'll save you money
(implying they're not doing too well and probably need to), I might have to
find another job nearer to college that will give me the time I need (sounds
like "if you don't agree I'll leave")).

I'm not too good at putting on the old spin - so any pointers toward
standard spiel for this sort of thing would be appreciated.

Cheers
Lez