[thelist] Flash preloader does not work on Netscape 4

Charlie Llewellin itsthetrousers at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:07:49 CDT 2001

Flash gurus out there.... help!

I have a Flash movie (done in 5 and exported as 4) which seems to work
okay...
except on Netcape 4 on Windows (confirmed on two versions of NN4 on win 95
and win 98).

There is a simple preload script on the second frame:
if (_framesloaded == _totalframes) {
    gotoAndPlay (3);
} else {
    gotoAndPlay (1);
}
NN4/win just hangs on frame 2 and does nothing.
I tried changing to a simple ifframeloaded action... which seemed to work on
Netscape but nothing else..
And I thought at least Flash had no cross-browser problems.Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong or a workaround.

I have searched around but cannot find any reference to this. You cans see
it in action at
http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2001-09-01/oswald.htm

TIA, Charlie