[thelist] Re: fixing a javascript

Christine Ross ckr44 at qwest.net
Sat Aug 11 14:18:39 CDT 2001

Hi all----I'm not a web developer but do have a small photo gallery that
I've set up through FrontPage software.  This may get the goat of a few
out there, but I don't seem to have an option except to make the gallery
IE-exclusive, and in my search for a way to do so I found this script:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
  if (navigator.appName == "Netscape")
{
 // go to the warning page if Netscape is being used
    window.location="Netscape.html";
}
else if navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
{
    // go to the page you have already made up as the home page - you
can
call it anything you want
    window.location="yourname.html";
}
else
    // If they are using any other browser they will get sent to your
warning page
window.location="Netscape.html";
}

// -->
</script>

I feel I may be forgetting to do something basic that isn't letting the
script run properly, but for the life of me I've tried so many
variations of it and I still never see my re-direct page come up on
Netscape.

And if you want to see why I have to resort to this, the site:
www.picturesofangkor.com

Broken tables, links, and a basically unaesthetic set-up on Netscape, as
well as lack of patience on my side and an unwillingness to relinquish
"creative control"...

So, I would even pay someone to fix this little problem for me (so far
I've encountered a few who'll give constructive criticism and a few
who'd set up my entire gallery--not what I was looking for!  Tho' web
design isn't my job I still want to know all the ins and outs...)

Thanks for any suggests,

Chris
ckr44 at qwest.net