[thelist] Re: fixing a javascript

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sun Aug 12 04:20:17 CDT 2001

Hi,
Although the visual problems using Ns4/6 Opera/Mozilla etc are pretty minor,
and could be fixed relatively easily, Frontpage would mess up the code again
next time you edited the pages.
Using a redirect like this should work (if they haven't disabled
javascript):

<script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
        if (navigator.appName != "Microsoft Internet
Explorer")window.location="apology.html";
    // -->
</script>

Just put it directly in the index.htm page.

If it was up to me I'd get rid of the non-right-click code on the photograph
pages, this doesn't come over as very friendly/professional, and is totally
ineffective in preventing anyone saving your images.A mention of your
copyright - copyright 2001 Christine Ross  - should prevent any commercial
use of your images without prior consent.

Also - as you mention "the gallery was created with "full screen" mode in
mind" you might want to <center> the images, as they show up in the top-left
corner of your screen - on larger monitors.

Richard.