[thelist] Free mailing list services

Peter lists at szaroconsulting.com
Mon Aug 13 15:22:44 CDT 2001

http://freelists.org

~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Susan Wallace
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 4:04 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org

Greetings!

I have a need to setup a mailing list for a "hobby" of mine and do not have
a good feel for the number of folks who might be interested in the list I
have in mind. I want to start with one of the free services and depending
on the amount of members, will consider moving to a paid service in the
future.  I am aware of the pros and cons of a free mailing list service as
I had hosted lists with eGroups and OneList before, but they have all been
"absorbed" at some point or another.

I have looked into what is still available, and three services consistently
come up  - Topica, Bravenet, and of course, Yahoo Groups. I do not
personally care for Yahoo Groups, but have no experience with Topica or
Bravenet.

If anyone has experience with any of those free services, or knows of
something better that I missed, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Susan Wallace

-- Susan Wallace

	Still auditioning for Star Search, I see. - John Crichton