[thelist] asp: FileSystemObject

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at RealMetros.com
Tue Aug 14 08:24:16 CDT 2001

yep I did this and still get the same error.. moreover, I've tried it on
every  Win 2k server in the company with the same error.  My entire test
script is this:

<%

Const TNExceptionLog = "C:\InetPub\wwwroot\FlatFiles\TNExcLog.txt"

Dim fso, LogFile

Set LogFile = fso.OpenAsTextStream(TNExceptionLog, 8, -2)
LogFile.WriteLine Now & "%TN%"
LogFile.Close
Set LogFile = Nothing
Set fso = Nothing

%>

and the error message is:

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
/test/logtest.asp, line 6

I know it can't be a script error.. that line of code is right out of
the msdn.  Is there a known Win2k issue with the FSO?  I know this has
worked for me on NT 4 before.

TIA,
Tab

I have just had a similar page come up on a site because the application
had
decided to switch itself off for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Therefore,
try running a simple ASP script to see if it will do what you want.