[thelist] ASP

John Best john.best at simplytrading.com
Tue Aug 14 08:51:58 CDT 2001

> So, I pass two parameters through the url like
> this:
>
> http://whatever.com/gallery/gallery.asp?photo=1&total=10

Have you tried actually checking the values you are receiving??

You could also add the following code to get an idea of what is going on
(the code I added is **) (get rid of the code that pastes the <select> as
well)

(AND .... set your server.scripttimeout=10)
(Thats just useful .. good idea if your loops are not de-looping)

Good luck.

John boy

ps...You shouldn't have to ...but as a last ditch attempt you could try
casting them both explicitly as int's. (use cint)

> <%
> n=1
> do until (n>strTotal)

**response.write n & "*" & strTotal & "<BR>"

> 	if n=photo then
> 		         Response.write("<option value='gallery.asp
> photo="&n&"&strTotal="&strTotal&"' selected>photo "&n&"</option>")
> 		      else
> 		         Response.write("<option
> value='gallery.asp?photo="&n&"&total="&strTotal&"'>photo "&n&"</option>")
> 	end if
> 	n=n+1
> loop
> %>
>           </select>

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, or in the case of an incorrectly addressed e-mail message, the intended recipient. No-one else may copy, use, disseminate or forward all or any part of it in any form.

Although this email, including any attachments, is believed to be free of any virus, or other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free, and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily the employees company.

If you receive this e-mail in error please accept our apology.  If this is the case we would be obliged if you would contact the sender and then delete the e-mail.