[thelist] ASP posting form data

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at RealMetros.com
Tue Aug 14 09:24:06 CDT 2001

ohhhh... you need to communicate with the owner of the xml page and ask
them how to send your query.  The site I'm working with, for instance,
needs you to hit their page with your xml string in the querystring.
Like:

hth
Tab

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren [mailto:Darren at web-bitch.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 10:17 AM
To: Anthony Baratta
Subject: Re[2]: [thelist] ASP posting form data

On 14 August 2001 at 15:11:07, Anthony Baratta <Anthony at Baratta.com>
wrote:

AB> At 07:06 AM 8/14/2001, you wrote:

AB> Why not stuff the string into a Session Variable, redirect to the
new page,
AB> then pick it back up?

'cos the form we need to post it to is on a different server which isn't
under my control.  as far as i can tell it takes the xml form submission
runs that against a database and returns the results as an xml string.

if we could skip the middle layer things would be a lot easier...but it
doesn't look like we're going to be able to...

cheers,

darren.