[thelist] Using Publisher Files in Frontpage

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Wed Aug 15 23:45:59 CDT 2001

Hi,

Yes, I've run in to the problem with exporting pub files as html as well -
all it does is make a gif of the page and creates a simple html shell to
load it - some solution.

What I've had to do is take the gif that it exports and open it up into
Fireworks (any decent image editor will do tho) and slice it up in there,
exporting the slices.  Assuming that the page layout allows this sort of
butchering. =)

Is that sort of what you're looking for?

I believe that that's pretty well the only way to do it... (without
re-creating it, like you say)

Chris.

on 8/15/2001 8:49 PM, Bob Boisvert at webdad at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have received some HTML files from a client that created them in Windows
> Publisher 98. Something I did not expect was that Publisher seems to save
> the entire page a .gif which contains the image maps and pictures being
> used. Could saving this way be a setting he may have set in publisher?
[snip]