[thelist] Script conflict - (Was: How excusable...)

Flavia Silveira-Tarzwell (FayeC) fayec at canada.com
Thu Aug 16 10:02:35 CDT 2001

Hi there,

I was surprised about the many replies and the discussion around the
frames issue...thank you all for your input.
As I stated on that email one of the problems I am having with that page
is the fact that there is a script conflict and as I am not a JS guru by
any means I am asking for help to decifer this problem.

I got a JS extension from Macromedia (AP Scrollable Layer) that will not
work if I have the HV menu (drop-down - DynamicDrive) on the same
page...I checked the scripts and for the life of me I can't figure out
how they conflict..... If I remove the HV Menu from the page the
Scrollable area works just fine. When I insert the menu script on the
page the scrollable area's content doesn't show at all.
THat's why I was thinking about the frame option...this way the HV menu
would be on a separate page and this way they wouldn't clash...
But if I can fix the problem with the scripts then there's no need for
the frames :)

Any tips?

FayeC