[thelist] PHP - Passing Variable in URL with Anchor Trouble!

Michael Goddard michael at tdh-marketing.com
Fri Aug 17 14:12:34 CDT 2001

We are using a dynamic interface that will list all tips listed in the
database and allow the users to edit, add or delete tips as necessary.

What we are trying to accomplish is for once the user has created the tip
then there is a "preview" link where they can view the tip within the web
site (in frames) in real time before making the tip "live" .

Here is the print statement we are using with PHP to generate the anchor
tag.  All variables are being passed correctly so that is not the problem

\********
*******
** print "<a
href='http://$web_address/index.php?main=cleaningtips.php?room=".$clean_arra
**
["Room"]."&surface=".$clean_array["Surface"]."&stain=".$clean_array["Stain"]
."&id=".$clean_array["ID"]."' ** target='new'>view</a>\n";
*******
********/

The variables are passed just fine until you get to the & before the
surface="".  So the URL looks like this:
href="http://www.myweb.com/index.php?main=cleaningtips.php?room=KITCHEN

Then it just dies!  The funning thing is that if I take out the
"index.php?main=" part then everything works great except the page is an
orphan outside the frameset which we would rather not do.

Any clues to what might be going on?  I have tried grouping all the
variables together and that did not work..the anchor is still killed after
the first & symbol.  Is it possible that there can only be one ? listed in
the URL?  IF that is the case then any suggestions on work arounds?

Thank you for any input and/or suggestions.

Michael