[thelist] script critique - php web to mail

noah noah at tookish.net
Fri Aug 17 15:41:04 CDT 2001

I wasn't able to find a simple php formmail-type script with decent error
handling, so I decided to write one myself. I've done a fair bit of script
hacking in the past, but this is the first time I've written one from
scratch (well, from scratch excluding the functions, regexes, etc. that I
found on the web), so I figured I'd better ask if someone wouldn't mind
having a look at it before I stake my future on it. I'm mostly concerned with:

1. are there any gaping security holes?
2. is it going to come crashing down in some (as yet) unforseen circumstance?
3. is there a more efficient way of doing anything than the way I've done it?

The script is at http://www.tookish.net/temp/contact.txt. Of course, anyone
who is looking for such a script is more than welcome to it (obviously,
since I put the source up in a text file).

Thanks in advance,
Noah