[thelist] IIS falling down!

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Aug 20 02:40:34 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

we've been having some strange behaviour from IIS on our Intranet recently.
Firstly, one machine running IIS 4 on NT4 (Small Business Server) was
refusing to respond on the www service when we started to use it each
morning. It seemed like the service was hanging if it was left unused for a
while. After trying everything we could think of (not so much :-), we went
around the problem by centralising all our Intranet applications on another
machine.

However this machine now seems to be following the same pattern. This time
however we're running on Windows 2000 Server.

It's not much to go on, but I'm no server admin so I don't even know where
to begin looking. Has anyone else come up against such a problem? Any ideas
of where to begin tracking down the issue?

Cheers for any ideas.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net