[thelist] Creating Fireworks sub menu's

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Aug 21 13:45:06 CDT 2001

At 10:35 AM 8/21/1, Bob Boisvert wrote:
> I'm making some drop down menu's in Fireworks for a project
> I'm doing and was wondering if the shape of the sub menu be
> changed from square to rounded corners? If so, where can I
> find that info?

My memory may be off, but I'm pretty sure that there's not a "rounded
corners" option in the GUI for quickly making automated popup menus, sorry.

However, I believe you could open up each of the graphics exported by
Fireworks and edit them. The hassle for corners is that you're not only
changing the corners on the main menu graphic, and each of any submenus
you're making, but also would need to change the corners on any of the
rollover slices at the top and bottom of each menu too. (If I'm visualizing
the same thing you're visualizing, that is.)

So yes, it can be done, just as if you handrolled your own menuing system,
but no, it's not as automatic as the rest of this menu creation is, sorry.
(This would be a useful vote in to wish-fireworks at macromedia.com, thanks!)

jd