[thelist] Anybody used MaximumASP.com as a host before?

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 17:12:11 CDT 2001

I use them right now and I absolutely LOVE their service. There is only one thing
lacking, and that's name-based virtual hosts. Other than that, you can do whatever the
heck you want to with your IP. They've got a boatload of components, and I've NEVER had
downtime, and I ping my sites every minute.

I use a redirect ASP page at the root level to determine the URL request and then send
the browser to a folder in the domain. That's how I handle having several sites there.

For reference, I used HostPro and had (no kidding) 68% uptime over 60 days. It was the
most frustrating experience I've ever had. Their servers locked up or ASP services failed
all the time. I signed up with Maximum after the first few days of downtime at HostPro,
and kept pinging HostPro once I moved the domain to see if it was a short-term problem,
but after 60 days of crappy performance I called it quits.

hth.

/rg