[thelist] re: need frame focus...<Its the focus that's the issue here>

Burnett, Simon SBurnett at calorgas.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 02:39:58 CDT 2001

First, apologies for including War and Peace in my last post, especially for
anyone on dial-up! I only realised when I got the email myself. It won't
happen again.

The 'window.parent.mainpage.focus()' method works a treat when the mainpage
frame source is HTML. When it’s a Word document it fails with 'member not
found' on the focus() statement. It never reaches the 'print()' statement.

The parent.mainpage.print() fails as well as the print method only work on
the window object, so I still need to focus to the frame then invoke the
print.

>Thanks for the review of recent posts and the effort to support a
>variety of browsers!
>- Erik Mattheis

Yeah, sorry about the list. Did your last comment mean that my code was too
browser specific?

Cheers for your help, Simon

--------------------------
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and it is intended for the
recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed.  This e-mail
may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee nor may
it be copied or forwarded to third parties without the express permission of
Calor.  Calor disclaim all liability for any statements made by the sender
which do not directly concern the business of Calor and Calor denies any
contracts purported to be concluded on behalf of Calor by means of an e-mail
communication.

Neither Calor nor the sender accepts any responsibility or liability for
viruses and it is the responsibility of the recipient to scan this e-mail
and any attachments to satisfy itself that the e-mail is virus free.

If this e-mail is received in error, please contact Calor
(HTTP:\\www.calorgas.co.uk) on (0)1926 330088 quoting the name of the sender
and the addressee and then both delete it from your system and from your
deleted items folder.