[thelist] Question: E-commerce solution

Catherine Giayvia giayvia at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:52:42 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm researching an e-commerce solution for my company. We need something as
flexible as possible, which would allow us to not only design the look of
the storefront, but also be hosted by us, and allow us to inventory to our
own oracle database. If it were to be hosted elsewhere, we would at least
need it to be remotely administerable. We're flexible in terms of server
platforms, having both Unix and NT to work with. I don't know a lot about
E-commerce, so any advice would be much appreciated. If there isn't a
package to suit our needs out there, we'd also be interested in a
development kit. I'm nearly overwhelmed by the plethora of software that's
out there, so I'm really hoping that someone can help to narrow it down for
me.

Thanks mucho,

Catherine