[thelist] a pixel is a pixel.....right?

Paola Kathuria paola at limitless.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 19:09:01 CDT 2001

matthew garrett wrote:
> I got this link from someone else on thelist:
> http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt6/html-email-fonts.htm

What were subjects actually asked, though?  The article doesn't say.

If they were given two samples of text in various font/sizes and
asked "which do you like best?" then it's not vert meaningful.  If,
however, people were giving a reading task (different groups get
different font/size combinations) and then asked to rate reading
difficulty then it'd be something.

I seem to be a minority of one in liking 12pt Times (on a PC screen)
and so I have added a preferences page to the site I am working on;
people can change the font face, size and line-height to suit them.
It'll be interesting to see what people end up using.

Paola