[thelist] Image Robot or other image batch processing tool

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Thu Aug 23 03:25:55 CDT 2001

>> Someone on the list pointed me to ImageMagick

dunno quite who i should address this too now as the subject's origins are
lost :( but there's also a little utility called PolyImage available from
www.polybytes.com which is a server side thing that allows users to upload
via a browser and depending on how the thing is configured, it will resize,
add effects, add text etc meaning the person using it doesn't need to have
any image manipulation knowledge (which might be useful).

It is sold on a developer basis at I think $90 from the site.

I am supposed to be using on a site myself at the moment but haven't got
round to configuring the thing so I can't say from personal experience how
easy it is to implement, but (and it's a big but!) the support team at
PolyBytes are brilliant!! really helpful, quick and engaged (quite unusual
in my experience).

hope this is of help

roger