[thelist] Hanging indent

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Aug 23 09:24:00 CDT 2001

>> > Can you elaborate on what you mean?
>> > I don't see anything interesting with either IE5.5 or Mozilla.
>>
>> raymond,  how cruel
>
>Oops, sorry about that.

*** I WAS KIDDING ***

ray, i understand you will be presenting at a cold fusion conference in
toronto

let me buy you a beer while you're in town, okay? please?

<tip>

if you use javascript to generate any text on your page, e.g.

      <script type="text/javascript">
            document.write(somevariable)
      </script>

run your page through a browser with javascript turned off

then go back and insert some <noscript>...</noscript> blocks

      <script type="text/javascript">
            document.write(somevariable)
      </script>
      <noscript>
          some date which can
          only be calculated
          using javascript
      </noscript>

it's a little trickier to make the whole paragraph conditional on whether
javascript is turned off, but it may be worth it if you feel as i do that
completely missing functionality is preferable to a nyah-nyah message

</tip>

rude