[thelist] help! client bought Photoshop!!

Martha Hesselein mhessel at forwardconsulting.com
Fri Aug 24 16:01:09 CDT 2001

Overwhelm them with helpful and important advice like: "images that have
been taken with a digital camera almost always need increased contrast,
brightening and sharpening when they are scaled down to acceptable web size.
You may need to adjust the midtones if you are using a photo of a person.
Try to maintain consistency of size and general color with other images on
the page -- you probably should have the other images open in PhotoShop when
you are preparing yours so that you can go for a consistent look.
Frequently, removing the background may be just the thing.  You know how to
do that, right?  No? Then you should probably check out the tutorials on web
images on webreference.com.  While you are getting comfortable with
PhotoShop, I will be happy to continue to post the images for awhile..."

Good luck and have hope--they may learn something, do it well, and be
grateful to you.

(what was it that Wayne said about flying monkeys?)

Martha