[thelist] Looking for reseller package

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Aug 26 01:35:48 CDT 2001

>I'm looking for a reseller package.
>Host Unlimited Domains
>Unlimited Hosting Accounts
>Unlimited POP3 Mailboxes
>Unlimited Autoresponders
>Unlimited Email Addresses
>Unlimited Mailing Lists
>Unlimited UNIX Web Space

+ Unlimited frustration with any problems you experience. This looks
like a volume shop that doesn't particularly need to pay attention to
details, and for the price they could most likely consider every one
of your sites a small detail. I'm not saying this because I
specifically know them to be bad - they might be an amazing value and
exactly what you need, but if I were a betting man ....

I'm just down on shared hosting: despite the fact you can make a
profit from reseller packages, my experience has been that the time
spent trying to get someone else to fix things is in every way more
profitably spent otherwise ... I think the best strategy for a
developer that also provides hosting is to get a dedicated server ...
and share it with other developers if you don't have enough sites to
break even on your own.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 827 3963

Humility is no substitute for a good personality.
      - Fran Lebowitz