[thelist] Please Check my Site

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Sun Aug 26 14:02:59 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Beresford" <n.beresford at anansi.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [thelist] Please Check my Site

> I've also just had a quick look at the actual HTML code you've got, and it
> could really do with a clean up.  There are a lot of redundant FONT tags
etc
> which is bloating your code.  You're also missing alt attributes from
every
> image, which is something to watch out for as it means that you fail to
> reach even the basic level of WAI compliance, which in turn means you may
> possibly be leaving yourself open to a law suit.

Seeing as Dreamweaver is being used to produce the site, open your template
files, go to the Commands Menu > Clean Up HTML... and set the "Combine
nested <font> tags where possible" option.

Now a question for the other DW gurus: Is there any way to find every
instance of an image in a site, and add an ALT tag to it (if necessary), eg
set all the spacer.gif's alt tags to "Spacer Image"?

Olly