[thelist] No Escape from ColdFusion

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Mon Aug 27 13:03:33 CDT 2001

Evolters,

Specifically those versed in the perplexities of the language whose namesake
is, at this moment and for all practical purposes known, an elusive promise
of well-being and peaceful source of plenty.

While submitting the usual query to the usual datasource, I encountered
something for which I, through my own deficient experience, a trudge through
the documentation, and a number of searches on Google, am at a loss to
explain.

ColdFusion isn't escaping the single quote in my variable parameter of my
query.

I know ColdFusion usually does this by default, but is there an instance (or
more) where this doesn't happen, like, well, expected?

<haha>
Hmm. I was just checking to see if someone answered this before I sent it,
which sometimes happens, but it looks like clicking send will work best....
8)
</haha>

<rory disposition="thanks in advance, during, but especially after the
assistance" alt="8)"/>