[thelist] Install ie6 w/out removing ie5.5

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Tue Aug 28 09:30:57 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 09:11 AM 8/28/01 -0500, Jeana Clark bequeathed such
tales as these:
>So.. I've heard ie6 is finally released, final version:
>  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.htm
>
>But, in the past, whenever I add/upgrade to a new IE version, it gets rid of
>the old one.  Is it possible to install IE6 somehow on the same harddrive
>WITHOUT it removing the older version of 5.5?
>
>Thought I'd ask before I attempted it.
>
>Thanks,
>-jeana

Not likely, I haven't tried it myself yet either, but since the browser and
the OS are one I don't think it will be any different this time round
either, unfortunately.  The alternative as always is multi boot scenarios
or VMWare.
Peter Kaulback