[thelist] MSDE management

Ed Courtenay ed at edcourtenay.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 09:52:30 CDT 2001

Correct me if I'm wrong - but MSDE *is* essentially a runtime MSSQL without
any of the management facilities or utilities (Enterprise Manager, iSQL,
iSQL/W etc.)

IIRC, you can install the SQL Server Developer Edition on the machine you
are running MSDE on, and you'll gain Enterprise Manager without losing any
data within MSDE.

Ed Courtenay
http://www.edcourtenay.co.uk

"We've all heard that a million monkeys on a million
keyboards would eventually come up with the entire
works of Shakespeare - thanks to the Internet, we now
know this isn't true...."