[thelist] Cold Fusion Masters Please Advise on Evaluating a string

Patrick Forsythe fuse at toto.net
Tue Aug 28 12:27:37 CDT 2001

<scenario>

I am passing variables whose names are created dynamically to another page
via a form submission.  On the second page I am recreating the form names
using the same method I used to create them on the first page.

<cfset patvar =  "##" & "form.#getit.tagname#id" & "##">  -> this is used
to add the #form. and id# to a value that is created dynamically.

</scenario>

<problem stress="high">
The issue I am having is that when I try to do an insert or an update and
try to set one of my fields to #patvar#  it puts #form.feildnameid# (where
feildname is a dynamically created value pulled from my database) into the
database not the value of #form.feildnameid#.  Have tried using the
evaluate function that has not worked for me. I have tried with quotes and
without quotes. I am about at the end of my rope.
I appreciate any help any one can give.
</problem>