[thelist] HTML Form to XML Document on Apache

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Aug 28 12:32:08 CDT 2001

At 02:58 AM 8/28/2001, you wrote:

>Ideally, what I need is a solution using Perl/CGI that can:
>
>- Upload an image to a specific folder on the server the server & store the
>   file's name (eg: "mycat.gif").
>- Convert the HTML form output to populate the XML template below
>   then append it to an XML document on the server - within the
>   <library> elements - including the stored image file's name (
><image_link> ).
>
>Is this possible?

Dante...

I don't know why this is not just a simple file upload and text file
manipulation problem.

Using GCI.pm or cgi-lib.pl you can capture a file to uploaded and dump it
to any location that the web server has write access to. Then just have the
CGI script constuct the XML manually, open the XML Text file, replace the
</library> with the next <book> record and a new closing library tag.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys