[thelist] IE6 (missing Java)

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Tue Aug 28 13:00:59 CDT 2001

<<

I'm not sure I agree with that as an effective model for corporate
governance - to have longevity, a company has to be more than just
a moneymaking machine. It's possibly part of the reason for the .com
crash - everyone forgot the longterm game and played for short term
results.

Found this the other day, which echoes and amplifies:
http://www.strategy-business.com/thoughtleaders/01211/page1.html

One could argue the exact opposite.  One could hardly argue that dotcoms
were money-MAKING machines.  You had an entire culture based on giving away
things for "free".  They built their castles out of air, when they should
have been concerned about profits.  That was their mistake.

	Ryan Finley
	President - SurveyMonkey.com (http://www.surveymonkey.com)