[thelist] IE6 (missing Java)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Aug 28 13:05:23 CDT 2001

Ryan Finley wrote on 28/8/01 6:57 pm

>One could argue the exact opposite.  One could hardly argue that dotcoms
>were money-MAKING machines.  You had an entire culture based on giving away
>things for "free".  They built their castles out of air, when they should
>have been concerned about profits.  That was their mistake.

Tell that to the VCs.

*all* the business plans were based on "We give stuff away until we crush
all our competitors, then we clean up", which would have worked if the
competition weren't doing the same.

Of course, some local management got it all confused, and viewed giving
stuff away as the end... but that's still very different from what De
Geus is proposing.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland