[thelist] quote from Webmonkey site re: copyrighted images

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:21:58 CDT 2001

> "To use an image from the Web, you must either first get permission from
the
> original owner or edit the image beyond recognition. "

 I wouldn't use the second half as a defense

In order for you to "edit beyond recognition", you have to start with an
image.

"And where did you get the image?" the attorney asks.....
the bank account dwindles.....

Stealing Pixels
http://www.lemurzone.com/news/aug082001.htm

most folks will help you develop skills by pointing resources or by
answering questions concerning effects for creating images.

a lot of folks will be happy to let you use images for your sites. it
usually only takes an email.

If they don't that is their right and must be respected.