[thelist] Passing a GUID string from page to page using CFML

Matt Mozer matthewmozer at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:47:32 CDT 2001

I have created a dll that assigns a guid string of 81 characters to a
particular client that logs in on my website. Question is, once they hit the
landing page that the dll returns after a successful login, how do I pass
that CSID GUID from page to page to authenticate the user on each subsequent
page they may visit in cold fusion? Any ideas? I could put something like
http://www.blah.com?#url.csid# on the end of end link within the landing
page, possibly. Is there some way better? The string looks something like
this. Thanking You in advance.

http://www.joebob.com/cgi-bin/ClientInfo.dll?CSID=1C979DD647694817AE21F53487BC4372HG91D755CC134E209E74408E2EEC05F31203X1DO1BB8R51WW1941