[thelist] CSS class for Links

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Tue Aug 28 23:04:03 CDT 2001

The styles applied by the CSS stylesheets are cascading.  Therefore if you
set a style on A, and then apply styles to A.mail, the A.mail styles are
additive.

That is, A styles will be applied + a.mail styles will be applied, and
A.mail styles will override A styles where both are defined.  However, non
overridden A styles will still apply to A.mail.

EG

A {color:red; border: 2px solid blue}

A.mail {color:green}

and this HTML

<a class="mail">link</a>

will result in a green link with a 2px solid blue border

Could this be the problem you are having?  Maybe the underlying A style
definitions in your stylesheet are not being overriden by declarations in
A.mail?

hth

MarkC

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.