[thelist] Install/uninstall ie6

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Wed Aug 29 10:40:36 CDT 2001

The final version of IE6 has been out for what, 36 hours now? And your
systems guys know, for a fact, this soon, that it has problems? Or are they
judging the final version on problems they had with the betas?
I installed IE6 yesterday flawlessly. It has an uninstall feature that
should take you back to your previous version, but I haven't tested it yet.
And I'll bet you anything that they haven't either. Not on the final
version, anyway. And not on enough to computers to *know* that it "doesn't
install or uninstall correctly". They're trying to get out of doing the
work, or they had a bad experience with a beta version back in May, or
something. Get them to do it, and if they won't then do it yourself. The
systems guys are supposed to do what you say, not the other way around. I
know. I'm one of them.