[thelist] Spec Work Pt. 2

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Wed Aug 29 13:01:51 CDT 2001

<snip>
besides, if you're going to do trade work, and this is how he's
treating you about *your* profession, how can you expect him to
value what you do, and how can he expect you to value what he
does?
</snip>

We don't know if this person even has a clue about the web. All we know is
that they want a web site.
If the person hasn't a clue then I would expect them to question why my work
is so much more expensive than someone else's.
If you had never heard of BMW or Mercedes and wanted to buy a car, wouldn't
you ask why those 2 are so much more than the Ford.
I have found that 9 times out of 10 the client hasn't got a clue and once
you inform them of the facts they always come back to you in the long run.
When you are honest and up front about everything the client will appreciate
that more so than Joe Blow down the street saying "I can beat that price".

Thanks,
Brad Miller
702-438-7660
www.rapidfx.com