[thelist] MySQL Licensing

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Wed Aug 29 15:00:48 CDT 2001

  Did the client read this:

"If you use MySQL in conjunction with a Web server on Unix, you don't
have to pay for a license.

This is true even if you run a commercial Web server that uses MySQL,
because you are not selling an embedded MySQL version yourself. However,
in this case we would like you to purchase MySQL support, because MySQL
is helping your enterprise."

The person suggesting Postgres is wrong.

-j