[thelist] Spec Work...?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Aug 29 22:00:15 CDT 2001

> As an out of work recent graduate has no long term industry background,
> I have no "portfolio" on which to sell my skills.

If you want to do some freebies to pad your portfolio, be nice and help a
charity or do a sponsorship deal with a local association or sporting club.
Doing free work for a business only gives them expectations for the future
in some cases, and that helps no one:

 - your won't get money out them next time
 - other designers will have the same problem
 - they'll get someone cheap/free next time and risk having a shitty site,
or losing any concept of good vs bad design.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au