[thelist] MPEG not displaying in NN4.7 or NN6.01

sfmalo sfmalo at email.msn.com
Wed Aug 29 23:02:52 CDT 2001

Good evening all -

For the first time I embedded an MPEG into an html page. It shows up just
peachy in I.E. 5.5 played by Windows Media Player, but not a pixel shows in
NN4.7. In Net 6.01 I get a big white box that requests that a plug-in be
downloaded. No clue as to which one would satisfy NN.

Could some kind soul look at my source code and see where I goofed? I copied
the <object> and <embed> code from my HTML 4.0 book which said that it's
supposed to work cross-browser. Not knowing which parameters to include, I
put in all 26!!! Well, it sure doesn't work!!

I think I need javascript to help out but am not sure what to write.

TIA,

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com