[thelist] javascript variable issue (continued)

ALBIE ATTIAS ALBIE at eurosimm.com
Fri Aug 31 05:06:16 CDT 2001

Thanks for all your help so far guys but my question remains unanswered.
Extracting the user's answers from the query string is not the problem. I'm
pretty sure the function I've written is correctly extracting, parsing and
storing the name and value pairs. My problem is pretty much what happens
next? I think it might be easier to focus on my specific example and go
through it step by step (see http://www.eurosimm.com/page1.htm).

Page1.htm has three multiple choice questions. The user's answers to these
questions are passed on to page2.htm via the query string. A function is
called to parse and store these answers in an array. These answers are then
hopefully passed on to the final page, page3.htm as hidden form elements.
The plot thickens somewhat since page2.htm also has its own questions that
need dealing with. The answers from page2.htm are passed onto page3.htm
using the query string again.

So, if all has gone to plan and my coding is correct, by the time page3.htm
has been loaded, I should in theory have access to the user's answers from
both page1.htm and page2.htm.

My problem is that I don't know how to get to these answers. All my attempts
at doing so have given me error messages such as  "blah is not an object" or
"blah is undefined".

What I need is someone to take a couple of minutes to look through my code
(it really is short and sweet) and pinpoint what is missing.

Muchos gracias

Albie Attias

Web guru wannabe