[thelist] SQL - Foreign Key Constraint - in another database?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Aug 31 15:56:10 CDT 2001

Apologies; babbling incompletely again:

MS SQL 2000 - created a db for our Request for PO application. It included
employee info. Later, built a 'grand scheme' core db for other ongoing
purposes, which also included employee info. PO app needs to reference the
employee table in the new db now, but foreign keys from two tables point to
the original employee table.

I'm thinking my only solution is to remove said constraints, move the tables
to the new db, then create new constraints.

Is there an easier way?

spinhead