[thelist] tip: Netscape and Mozilla Sidebar resource.

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Sep 1 15:15:39 CDT 2001

i am also a member in good standing of the answer-your-own-post club

> ... every time i do a google search, the search results come up
> in the sidebar, no matter how many times i hit F9 the damn sidebar
> keeps popping up...

Edit | Preferences, Navigator, Internet Search

for some reason i never thought to look there, perhaps because one of the
first things i did was customize my toolbar to get rid of the stupid Search
button that netscape thinks i need

<tip type="advanced search">

go to your favourite search engine and navigate your way to the "advanced
search" page (if you can't find it, try searching for it... JUST
KIDDING!! -- if your favourite search engine doesn't have an advanced
search page, try google's at http://www.google.com/advanced_search)

then drag and drop the url into your Links bar or Personal Folder or simply
bookmark it

the more you search, the more you realize that

     ~ with all of the words  _____
     ~ with the exact phrase  _____
     ~ with any of the words  _____
     ~ without the words  _____

are conditions that you will probably use more often than not

</tip>

rudy