[thelist] Another copyright issue

Jeanne Edna Thelwell jet at matantisi.com
Wed Sep 5 12:58:07 CDT 2001

Well, the copyright on the materials they give you to use never
become yours unless they specifically agree to that.   The use of it
on the website is essentially a licensed use, and gives you no rights
to the material.  The issue is who owns the webpage design.  Without
reviewing the caselaw, I suspect the design is yours until you're
paid for it, but you could certainly deal with that in the contract.
Even if they never pay you and you keep the design, you could not
reuse it with their material in it.